A typical day in maternal section:
- 8:30 am – 9:00 am: Open welcome time. Parents can accompany their child into the classroom. Free activities: welcome, drawing, board games, manipulative games, book nook…
- 9:00 am – 9:25 am: Assembly: Body Wake Up, songs, rituals, time to know how everyone is feeling.
- 9:25 am – 11:00 am: Different stations according to level: English, handwriting, reading, mathematics, “savoir-être”, eco-citizenship, science, sport, yoga … One morning per week takes place at the Parc des Buttes Chaumont as an “outdoor class” (nature observation, language and mathematics in the open air…). In English, the teacher practices immersion through singing, language games, manipulations … And in large section, she introduces our “Letterland” reading method.
- 11:00 am – 12:00 am: Recreation in the park or at the gymnasium
- 12:00 am – 13:00 am: Organic lunch. The children serve themselves and help to clear things up after the meal. After, it’s time to go the bathroom and time for teeth brushing.
- 01:00 pm – 03:00 pm: Nap for the youngest and for the older ones who want to sleep / quiet time for oldest children.
- 01:30 pm – 03:30 pm: Different stations for MS and GS: language, mathematics, English.
- 03:00 pm – 04:00 pm: Assembly : Arts, stories, songs, snacktime, dance…
- 04:20 pm : End of the school day.
A typical day in primary section:
- 8:30 am – 8:55 am: Welcome time, free activities. Parents are welcome inside the classroom.
- 9:00 am – 9:20 am: Body Wake Up lead by a child, morning rituals in French and English (date, weather forecast, math games, songs, talk time, question of the day …).
- 9:20 am – 10:30 am: Activities in English and French/maths half-groups.
- 10:30 am – 10:50 am : Assembly in English (songs, question of the day, talktime, Drama, presentation, story time….).
- 10:50 am – 12:00 am: Activities in English and French/maths half-groups.
- 12:00 am – 01:00 pm: lunch time animated by open stages of children’s talents, games and story reading.
- 01:00 pm – 02:00 pm: Recreation in the park or gymnasium.
- 02:00 pm – 03:00 pm: Quiet time then free activities / outdoor class / sport / “remediation” depending on the day.
- 03:00 pm – 04:00 pm: “Savoir-être” session and celebration of successes / eco-citizenship / discovery of the world / science / art depending on the day.
- 04:00 pm – 04:15 pm: Assembly in French (presentation by a child, music, dance, poetry …).
- 04:20 pm – 04:40 pm: End of the school day.